The requirements for transfer, compaction, storage and collection of waste can be significant for a project, both in terms of the floor area requirements, and the accessibility requirements for transfer and collection.
onemilegrid can advise on the most practical and economical methods to cater for all waste streams which may need to be accommodated, including:
- Paper and Cardboard
- Green Waste
- Hard Waste
- Charity Goods
onemilegrid has a good working relationship with numerous Council waste departments, ensuring we always provide up-to-date and relevant advice regarding Council specific waste requirements.
Our services include:
- Calculation of waste generation for various development types
- Bin sizing and quantity assessment
- Design of bin storage areas
- Advice regarding bine tugs and transportation methods
- Advice on garbage and recycling chutes
- Advice on compaction units and compactors
- Swept path analysis of loading docks and collection areas
- Preparation of Waste Management Plans
onemilegrid staff have prepared Waste Management Plans for a number of projects, including medium and high density residential developments, retail, office and mixed-use projects.
Additionally, we have provided swept path analysis of garbage collection routes for a broad range of development proposals, from large residential subdivisions and shopping centres, to small unit developments and townhouses.